Brent Rangen got introduced to search-engine optimization back in the early 2000′s by working for someone else. Since then, he’s gone on to build his own SEO consulting business Optimize Guyz in my home state of Minnesota.
Today on my first ever podcast, Rangen shares his “secrets” to owning/operating an SEO agency. Rangen is someone who’s been able to make the transition from employee to business owner (not something everyone can do) and shares some of the techniques that make him successful.
You’ll also find these tips on running an SEO business in the podcast:
- Why You Should Leverage Your Existing Relationships To Find Clients
- Why Carving Out a Niche can Help Attract Clients
- Why Rangen Doesn’t Promise Rankings To Clients
- How to Identify Local Clients to Approach for SEO Consulting
- How to Integrate Social Media in an Overall SEO Strategy
- How Rangen Flew to San Francisco and Got Entry to Search Engine Strategies on Bruce Clay’s Dime.
- Why Winning a Contest Can Be a Great Way to Build Your Client List
- How to Break into SEO Even If You Don’t Have Any Clients
Other Items Mentioned in the Interview:
SEO Business Primer – Rangen’s submission that won him the New Biz Discovery Contest from Bruce Clay.
Search Engine Relationship Chart – A Bruce Clay Classic.
SEM Synergy Podcast – Podcast Interview with Brent Rangen about his takeaways from SES San Francisco.
Optimize Guyz on Facebook – Follow Rangen on Facebook!
This interview is approximately 20 minutes long. FYI: For some reason my WordPress theme is removing the download link to this broadcast. I will try to get this issue sorted out for future podcasts so you can download the interview and take it with you.