Proven fact: things people say about you is usually much more significant than what you say about yourself. When you say it, you are making a claim. When other people say it, or better still, write it publicly, then it changes from being a claim to being a fact. [Read more...]
After reading many books on SEO I came to the conclusion that these 2 books are the most informative for the starter SEO and even those with SEO experience can gain a lot from these 2 must reads…
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of creating, formatting and promoting web pages in a manner that ensures that they are ranked highly for chosen keyword phrases after a user performs a Web search. This unique book taps the relatively unknown market of advanced SEO knowledge, and reveals secrets used by only the best SEO consultants.
You’ll take your Internet marketing skills to the next level as you gain a thorough understanding of standard SEO techniques such as on-page optimization, off-page optimization, and link building. Packed with real-world examples, this essential guide demonstrates how real SEO consultants work with Fortune 500 companies to get the results they desire.
- Explains the basics of search engine optimization (SEO) and how it enables a specific site to rank high in a Web search based on particular keyword phrases
- Shares little-known tricks and tips of SEO consultants that work with Fortune 500 companies
- Demonstrates how to perform a professional SEO Web site audit
- Reveals the techniques that current SEO leaders use to remain high in rankings
- Divulges secrets for spying on your competitors’ ranking techniques
As the only book focused on the subject of SEO consulting, this must-have resource unveils secret tricks of the trade.
Breakthrough Google site optimization techniques from one of the world’s leading authorities on SEO!
If you aren’t at or near the top of Google searches, you won’t be found. Your companymight as well not exist. But many common Google “search optimization” techniques don’t work—or even make things worse. In Outsmarting Google, world-renowned search expert Evan Bailyn reveals real, gritty, up-to-the-minute tactics that helped him attract more than 50,000,000 visitors last year without spending a dime on advertising! You won’t find any unethical “black hat” tricks here: only proven techniques that reflect comprehensive testing and extraordinary insight into Google’s secret rules. Read this book: Discover the supercharged site optimization techniques Google doesn’t want you to know!
New high-profit SEO solutions for every marketer, entrepreneur, and site owner!
• Uncover SEO myths and outdated techniques that no longer work
• Leverage Google’s deep knowledge of how and why people search
• Integrate five core SEO ingredients: keywords, links, meta page title, URL structure, and time
• Understand what’s really involved in choosing the best keywords
• Acquire links that help, and avoid links from “bad neighborhoods”
• “Age” your sites to build trust and escape the dreaded Google “sandbox”
• Use Google AdWords to cost-effectively complement SEO and cover your “long tail”
• Convert SEO results into paying customers
• Optimize for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
• Improve performance on Bing and Yahoo! without compromising your Google ranking
• Prepare for brand-new trends in personalized and real-time search
There are a few reasons that hiring the right SEO expert is a rather not-so-easy task:
1- SEO is so complicated as it has so many different aspects
2- The rules and algorithms keeps on changing
3- There are so many false information out there about SEO
4- Every expert will say what he thinks is the most important part of SEO based on what he can do best
Because of these issues it is very important for the average business owner to have some knowledge in SEO and know what to ask their SEO provider. Her are some rather tough questions and answers you should expect:
1- Do you guarantee first page placement in google? (if the answer is yes ask him if he works for google… the only this an seo can guarantee is that he will provide any predefined services but the results is something no one can really guarantee. What he can say is that if he does not achieve first page results then he will refund your money or will not charge you for the services.)
2- Which tricks do you use to get good rankings? (if he has ANY tricks, stay far from that provider. Blackhat SEO is not something you would want to engage in and google has some very smart people working for them and the only way to win with them is to work WITH them not against them.)
3- On which part of SEO do you put the most emphasis? (the best thing is if he puts a lot of effort into high-quality backlinks. Priority #2 should be on site optimization, after all if google comes to your page and finds trash, that wont help the rankings too much.)